Summertime takes Boston back again to the city of liveliness. Full of tourists and locals are everywhere outside. It’s a perfect time for enjoying outdoor activities and fitting yourself up before winter returns. After all the year indoor fitness, let’s go exercise outside for fresh air, getting some tan and enjoy the summer vibes.
Use our guide to find your perfect fit activities to do solo or with a group of friends for this summer!
Go Dancing in Boston’s parks
Go Dancing in Boston’s parks
There is no limit of ages, backgrounds, and abilities for dancing. It is a wonderful activity to fill up your soul, get calories burning and also make some good friends.
Here are some free outdoor dancing classes for this summer. Let’s go get your groove in the parks!
- The Blackstone Community Center – Salsa in the park event for summer every Mondays at 6.00 pm.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series – The evening dancing classes; Zumba, Salsa, and line dancing, around Boston on every Mondays through Thursdays depends on the areas.
- Rose Kennedy Greenway – Zumba classes 0n every Monday from 5.30-6.30 pm. at Chinatown Park, until August 27, 2018.
- The esplanade association – Zumba classes 0n every Tuesdays from 6-7.00 pm. at Hatch Shell until September 4, 2018.
Find Cool Trails Near You
Hiking to discover Boston and side cities, a great idea for anyone who is adventurous and love exploring. There are a number of trails with diversifies and amazing surroundings such as parks, reservoirs, lakes, river, or cities trails located around Boston waiting for you to explore.
You can do many activities like hiking, running, or cycling. Here are some recommend trails around Boston city in each level we picked for you to try out.
- Freedom trail – The most popular trail for anyone once visits Boston city should try out. It is a 7.6-mile historic sites collection trail, good for all skill levels. Good news, you can get free daily tours which organized by the National Park provides Ranger guided talks and tours for free at the sites, and USS Constitution.
- Charles River Reservation trail – To roam around Charles River, this is a recommend. The moderate level trail distances 27 miles for full bike loop from Waltham to Galleria mall. However, you can shorten the loop with bridges for small hiking.
- Middlesex Fells Reservation trails – Besides the city and river scenic trails, here it is the turn of fells and lake. Here is one of favorite place near Boston for bikers and hikers. It is 7 miles up to the north from Boston. There are several recommended hikes and rides for each difficulty referred to Mass.gov.
Fully Fit And Firm With Boot Camps Around Town
If you do not mind to get sweaty and dirty for burpees, Bootcamp is a challenging fun one to go for. Outdoor Bootcamp is a middle to advanced choice for workout lover depending on the groups.
There are many groups for you to join in this summer. For you to try it out, here are a few free Bootcamp groups’ schedules and locations for all levels.
- November project – Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6.30-7.30 am. Check the locations daily at their website.
- P.O. Fitness – Every Thursday from 5.30-6.30 pm. at Norman B. Leventhal Park until August 31, 2018.
- FIT on the garden – Every Wednesday from 6-7.00 pm at The Prudential Center until August 29, 2018.
- Rose Kennedy Greenway – Some Mondays and Every Wednesday until August 22, 2018.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series – Every Monday (Malcom X Park), Tuesday (Elmhurst Park), Wednesday (Mission Hill) at 6 pm., Friday (Christopher Columbus Park) at 6.30 am., and Saturday (Almont Park) at 11 am.
- The esplanade association – Every Thursdays from 6-7.00 pm. at Fiedler Field (Arthur Fiedler Memorial Head) until September 6, 2018.
- InnerCity Weightlifting – Every Monday from 6-7.00 pm. at Waterfront Plaza until August 27, 2018.
It is not a fad that Boston is a healthy activity lovers’ city, bursting with plenty of the amazing free outdoor things to do in Boston to get fit and fun every day of the week. Take advantages from this healthy city, having fun exploring Boston and make new friends.